08 May 2014

Stuffed Green Peppers

Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa

I found this recipe online because I have been excited to try meals with very few carbs.  This meal was perfect and filling!  I adapted the ingredients and recipe directions to how I made it so that it is much more simpler!

Ingredients:

1-14 ounce can of vegetable or chicken broth

2 peppers (any color will do)

1 cup of quinoa

3 carrots chopped small

1 onion chopped small

Directions:

1. The first step I did was cut the peppers in half and get rid of the seeds.  Then in a large pan of boiling water I boiled the peppers for 3-5 minutes just so they have a crisp to them.  Then I laid them on paper towel to dry.

2. Rinse the quinoa in cold water before boiling in broth.

3. In a separate small sauce pan I boiled the broth and it took about 9-10 minutes to simmer the quinoa til the broth is gone.

4. In a large pan you want to saute the chopped carrots and onion for 3-5 minutes until soft, season with salt and pepper and paprika and mix in the quinoa.

5. Stuff the peppers with the quinoa and carrot/onion mixture.  Bake at 350 for 20 min!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails