Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa
I found this recipe online because I have been excited to try meals with very few carbs. This meal was perfect and filling! I adapted the ingredients and recipe directions to how I made it so that it is much more simpler!
1-14 ounce can of vegetable or chicken broth
2 peppers (any color will do)
1 cup of quinoa
3 carrots chopped small
1 onion chopped small
1. The first step I did was cut the peppers in half and get rid of the seeds. Then in a large pan of boiling water I boiled the peppers for 3-5 minutes just so they have a crisp to them. Then I laid them on paper towel to dry.
2. Rinse the quinoa in cold water before boiling in broth.
3. In a separate small sauce pan I boiled the broth and it took about 9-10 minutes to simmer the quinoa til the broth is gone.
4. In a large pan you want to saute the chopped carrots and onion for 3-5 minutes until soft, season with salt and pepper and paprika and mix in the quinoa.
5. Stuff the peppers with the quinoa and carrot/onion mixture. Bake at 350 for 20 min!