08 December 2009

Our Very Best


John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."

We have all heard this Bible verse a million times over. But this year think of this verse in a new light. God gave His very best to us. He gave us His one and only Son. Jesus came to earth as a baby, but he was fully God and fully man. I know isn't it amazing and miraculous? It's so hard to imagine, but it was God's Very Best because He loved us...He loves us so much that He sent His very own perfect son. Jesus had no sin and yet he came to earth to live a holy life and to die on the cross for our sins. He took our place on that cross and he defeated death. So that now we can enjoy peace with God.

God gave us his very best...this Christmas I want to give Him my very best. Not just when it is convenient or because I'm in the mood, or I feel like being nice, but I want to give God my very best because He loves me! I want Mark, Julia, and John to have a wonderfully blessed life because I gave them my best...here's how I see that played out in my own life:

1. I can give my very best at 1 am when Mark wakes up for a feeding. I can get up without sighing or complaining or waking up grumpy. I can snuggle and cuddle my son. (I can also do this again at 5 am...at 7 am, etc.)

2. I can give my very best on Sunday mornings as we are rushing to get ready for church and leave the house. I can have a good attitude. I can say kind and encouraging things to my husband. I am so blessed to have a husband who is truly so willing to help and assist me, and I can not take him for granted.

3. I can give my very best when I am teaching Sunday School and the lesson doesn't go as planned or the kids are extra energetic or chatty. I can be positive. I can speak kindly. I can teach with joy in my heart and really learn to love each boy and girl.

4. I can give my very best when I have a migraine. I've been getting them a lot lately due to the weather and heat in the house. I can be patient with Julia. I can reach out for help, which is sometimes very hard for me to do, and sometimes not hard at all. I can realize that I am not perfect and pray the aspirin does help.

5. I can give my very best in difficult relationships. I can ask God for forgiveness in my heart and a non-critical spirit. I can ask God to help me to show grace and love and to pepper my words with love and kindness.

6. I can give my best when I feel overwhelmed. When I see the hamper piling up, the dishes in the sink, the dinner not ready to be served. I can ask God to help me to delegate with love. I can ask God to help me to not try to be superwoman. I can take a deep breath and realize it all gets done and having the right attitude always helps. People are way more important than task lists!

How can you give your very best today?

1 comment:

  1. What a great list and so true. When Addie was much smaller and ocassionally waking up in the middle of the night, a Bucs player and his wife lost their 3 month old to SIDS. I would wake up and thank God that I had a baby to wake me up. It really changes your perspective.

    You get migraines too? Exedrin Migraine works in about 30 minutes. Friday, I had one that knocked me off my feet for the whole afternoon and evening (I didn't have any Exedrin in the med cabinet).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails