12 December 2009
Recipe Swap Saturday
Every wife has a meal that whenever she makes it her husband is super happy, well this is that meal for me: Chicken Francise...aka Lemon Chicken.
4 chicken breasts cutlets
seasoned bread crumbs
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine (cooking wine works fine)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup butter
1. Dip chicken in egg and then bread crumbs.
2. Heat frying pan with oil.
3. Saute chicken on both sides til brown-but not cooked through. (be sure the oil does not cover cutlets)
4. Mix white wine, lemon juice and butter in a bowl.
5. Put cutlets on paper towel to dry for a quick minute.
6. Drain oil from frying pan. Pour in wine mixture and put chicken back in pan to saute on low heat for 15 minutes or til cooked through...cover with pan lid for the 15 minutes to keep in juices.
I serve with wide pasta noodles, but you can also serve with white or brown rice.