18 May 2010

My Julia practically 2 1/2




Julia is almost 2 1/2 and she is becoming such a little lady!

*Successes

-Knows her numbers and ABC's
-Can color with crayons, pencils, and markers (and holds them very properly)
-Helps mommy tremendously around the house with laundry, her dishes, organizing silverware, picking up toys, putting clothes in the hamper, feeding Marky a drink or snack
-Does not stop talking, this can be wonderful at times, and sometimes she asks, "Mommy what's that?" after every scene in a movie as if she wants me to retell the story, actually it's quite cute now that I think of it
-potty training
-Good listener when we explain something to her, and if you say, "Julia do you understand?" she will answer you yes or no and ask questions


*Strengths
-comforting babies
-being friendly and sweet
-very good listener
-she makes everyone feel included and welcomed
-has a great memory (if you brought her a toy the last time you saw her, she will remind you about the toy)


*Working on...

-Obeying Mommy and Daddy right away
-Sharing her toys with Marky and friends (she now says, "No, Marky, Mine!" This is not allowed, but we are still working on it...no seems to be a new favorite word
-not getting frustrated when she needs help with something

*Mommies Favorite Things she does

1. Some nights after I tuck her in she says, "mommy kiss" and when I give her a kiss she'll say, "Mommy, I love you!" (melts me like butter)
2. She says phrases that mommy says, like, "Are you kidding me?" "Marky, you're being naughty" (although I'm usually saying that to her!)
3. When she calls my name I say, "Hmmm?" Like, what honey, so now she goes..."Mommy, hmmm, mommmy hmmm!" to tease me, it's our little game
4. She randomly gives Marky kisses all over and tickles him and includes him in her play. I love when she is playing house with her dolls and Mark crawls over, and she goes, "Marky come in!"

I'm sure right after I post this I'll think of more things, so I'll be adding to this post a lot this month...oh, Juju bean, we love you so!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, JuJu!!! You are such a sweetheart! Make sure mommy gives you a huge squeeze and lots of kisses from Aunt Suzie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails