21 July 2010

The Power of a Praying Wife: Week 9

On Mother's Day before Marky was born...about 8 1/2 months pregnant.
Chapter 8: His Fears

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment.  But he who fears hos not been made perfect in love."  1 John 4:18

We've all had a case of the "what ifs?"

What if I lose my job?
What if we can't pay our mortgage?
What if I get really sick and can't work?
What if our house gets broken into?
What if something happens to my spouse or my children?

Sometimes fear can "keep us from all God has for us." as Stormie would say.

There are many uncertainties in this life.  Right now John and I are facing a little bit of this.  We have some things up in the air due to a job change, a possible move, and managing a budget with one income.  We have a growing family, and supporting little people is never easy, but...God is in control, and once we take our eyes off of the Lord, and focus on the "nitty-gritty" and uncertainties of life, it can be scary!

When we are in God's presence and we are focused on Him there is nothing to be scared of.  And I think all of these uncertainties draw us closer to God because we realize just how out of control we really are, and we realize just how much we DO need Him in our lives.  I for one know it has made John and I stronger and closer as a couple because we have been praying together more and really just seeking God's face on all the matters that concern us.

This week I want to focus on praying for John that he doesn't have this kind of "paralyzing fear" but rather a fear of the Lord.  A fear of the Lord will "protect him from his enemies" 2 Kings 17:39, A fear of the Lord will "protect you from evil" Proverbs 16:6, A fear of the Lord will, "Keep His eye on you" Psalm 33:18, A fear of the Lord will "show you his mercy" Luke 1:50, and a fear of the Lord will, "give you riches and honor" Proverbs 22:4.

I had to share that in my devotional today (It's Monday evening as I type this) from Joyce Meyer's "Starting and Ending your day: Devotions for each day of the year" today's topic was Focus on God Instead of Your Fear...hmmmm, God is really trying to teach me something this week, isn't He?  I love that!  The verse for the evening was my favorite verse since Junior year of High School, Isaiah 41:10...Fear not for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand."  Wow, isn't God great?  He wants us to rely on Him and not fear because when we do, we are always victorious all because of Him!  He gets all the glory.  Then we get to brag about how great He is to all our friends and family, and how He helped us through difficult times, and helped us be victorious.  Joyce Meyer says, "No matter how great and important or small and insignificant your fears may be, God is saying to you, "Fear not; I will help you!"

Pray God will...

*perfect ______hubby's name___________ in Your love so that tormenting fear finds no place in him.
*not let fear to rule over _______________
*allow His Word to penentrate _____________ fiber of his being, convincing him that our love for him is far greater than anything he faces and nothing can separate him from it.
* ______________ will fear no evil because God is with Him

Love Dare #14 Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse.  Do something he would love to do or a project they'd really like to work on.  Just be together.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Thank you for being so real and personal. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails