29 July 2010

Today's Goals for the Day

Thursdays I meet with Debi for our prayer/accountability time.  The kids really look forward to seeing Aunt Debi, especially when we head over to her house, like we will be today.  Debi and I have been prayer partners since Jean Court, our first home as a married couple.  It's probably been almost 6 years that we've been praying one on one together.

Julia feels right at home at Aunt Debi's house.  Debi has a HUGE house and as Debi and I are chatting and catching up with each other, Julia and Mark are busy "exploring".  Julia's new favorite thing to do is jump on her bed.  Hmmmm, I'm not so sure I like this, but Debi is so great, and sometimes we "entertain" her and let her.  Mark gets to join in too.  I will be heading to Debi's house around 10 am, it takes me about 20 minutes to get there.  We may even go for a swim if the weather holds up, but I think today, it may rain.

Today's cycle cleaning chores are my Master Bedroom and Bathroom.  I need to vacuum, change the linens, clean the windows, declutter, clean the toilet and mirrors, and dust all the counter tops.  Not to mention the pile of laundry that's waiting for me in the laundry room, today is the kids clothes, and since we've been to the pool this week, there is extra towels, bathing suits, and such waiting for me.

Julia and Mark are going to be working on their Alphabet letters and sounds, and we will be practicing two nursery rhymes, Hey Diddle, Diddle, and Humptey Dumptey.  We are going to watch the Leap Frog DVD that goes over all the sounds, and we will do some coloring pages of review for the letters J, and M.  

I'm reading a true story, autobiography, right now called "Son of Hamas,"  I'm hoping both kids take a leisurely nap so that I can continue reading it, it is so hard to put down.  Mosab, the author, also has his own blog if you'd like to check it out.

Today I don't need to go food shopping for dinner, but I do need to prepare the Tortellini salad I have in mind for us...and for the kids I will make a white cheese sauce for their tortellini.  We haven't had any pasta this week, just Minestrone Soup, Chicken Quesidillas, and Monday night was leftovers from the weekend.

These are my goals for the day, but who knows what today brings.  I will do my best to meet everyone's needs and keep a clean house.  I'm really looking forward to the trip to Debi's today...I miss her, even though I just saw her on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I loved getting a sneak peak into your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute kids!! And good luck with your goals.. the tortellini sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails