31 July 2010

Saturday Recipe Swap--Chicken Quesidillas

Today's recipe comes from a combination between my own, and Debi H. advice from what she does/uses when she makes her Chicken Quesidillas.

Ingredients:

1lb of boneless chicken breasts
4-5 stalks of green peppers, rinsed and chopped
1 tomato, rinsed and chopped
2 cups of cheddar cheese
white corn soft tortillas (small or large depending on your family/guests taste)
1 cup of sour cream
black beans
Medium salsa (as much as you like...totally optional)

Directions:
* Cook chicken boneless chicken breast seasoned to your liking.  Then chop it up.

1. We like our quesidillas cheesy, so I lay a soft tortilla on a plate (that can go in the microwave) and spread a handfull of cheese, then top it with beans, tomatoes, green peppers and some salsa, and chicken. 

2. I lay another soft tortilla on top and press the sides closed.

3. Place the quesidilla in the microwave for about a minute.  Your goal is for it too stick together and for the cheese to melt.

4. Then I cut it in 4 pieces.  I top it with a dollop of sourcream and a little more salsa.

5. On the side we like Spanish rice and beans.

6. To take the edge off the spicyness we have cold water with lime.  My kids love lime.  It's very refreshing.

7.  I also cut up watermelon or orange wedges and serve on the side.

Enjoy!
My in-laws with Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails