01 August 2010
This year we are headed back to Cape May for our 7th year wedding anniversary! Woo hoo! I am so excited.
John booked our stay at a Bed and Breakfast called The John Wesley Inn. He called me on Friday to tell me I would need to arrange babysitting for our little ones!
I didn't expect that at all. I thought our babies would be coming. But both Grandmas will be taking over and watching Julia and Mark for us.
I began thinking to myself we all have expectations when we go away for vacation, even if it is for one or two nights. I thought it would be wise to talk about those expectations before we go, so last night I asked John to tell me his top 5 expectations for our trip...he answered quickly and said, "Babe, I don't have any expectations, I just want to relax and do whatever you want to do." He's so laid back and easy going, thank goodness one of us is!
My top 5 expectations for the trip are:
1. I expect for us to be together and do everything together, especially since it will be just the two of us.
2. I expect for us to be able to sleep in! I never get to do this, not ever.
3. I'd like to dress up at least one evening and go out to dinner. I already have the dress picked out.
4. I really would LOVE to go to the ocean to swim and sun tan at least for a bit.
5. I want for us to have some face time where we go over our marriage goals and the upcoming year and definitely pray for our house situation. (not to be too deep or dramatic, but I want to go over our marriage goals because I think it is so important to have goal to set and look forward to...I think it adds strength to the marriage.)