12 August 2010

The Power of a Praying Wife: Week 12

I'm praying for your health my dear!

Chapter 11: His Health

I've been blessed with a husband who really takes care of himself.  He eats right (he believes in lots of protein and very little sweets), drinks a lot of water (no soda), he exercises regularly, plus teaching at Taekwondo and being athletic since age 7 helps!

However, John has had his ups and downs with Epstein Bar (hope I'm spelling that right), it is a virus I believe that attacks your immune system and makes you very, very tired and prone to throat infections, and sinus infections, and flus.  Almost every fall and winter we could count on John going to the doctor to get his monthly dose of antibiotics, it was really annoying and very hard on John's body.  As a new wife it was very frustrating because I felt like there was very little I could do to keep him well, besides cooking wholesome meals, cleaning and disinfecting the house (both of us being around small children and germs was always going to be an issue since I was a teacher and he was an instructor).

I can remember the first year of our marriage getting so worked up because he was sick yet again, and I felt so helpless, so I called my good friend Christy Weaver and we prayed over the phone for John's health.  Slowly over the past 7 years I have seen an improvement.  I can't remember the last time he had a cold or needed antibiotics, and John is working harder than ever at 2 jobs now, so he needs every bit of his strength!

Stormie O'Martian gave some really great Scripture references that I have to share that talk about how God is the great physician and healer.  If He created us, and He did, then He can heal our bodies and give us the strength we need for each day.

Exodus 15:26 "I am the Lord who heals you..."


Jeremiah 17:14 " Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed..."


Jeremiah 30:17 "I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds..."


Matthew 8:17 Jesus "took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses"

Matthew 10: 1 He gave His disciples power to " heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease" 

Mark 16: 17, 18 He said, "These signs will follow those who believe...They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover


Ecclesiastes 3:3 There is a "time to heal"

I am also going to be praying this week for John's strength for each day and that God will multiply the time he has to rest.  I feel like John works 80 hours a week!  He leaves at 6am and I usually don't see him before 9:00...Saturdays he works til 1:30 at Taekwondo and only Sunday he has off work...so I'm praying that Saturdays and Sundays can somehow be enough for him to recharge and rest and relax and that weekends can be peaceful at home...which can sometimes be difficult with two energetic toddlers!

This week's Love Dare is not from the book, just from me!!!

Find a time this weekend to help your husband feel rested, rejuvenated and refreshed....do something for him that allows him some "Man-time"  Maybe he'd like to go out for an hour or so and just do something alone or maybe he would like you to give him a back rub, or foot rub?  It can't hurt to offer!  Our men deserve to be pampered after how hard they work each day!

Have a great Thursday!

Tomorrow's post will be about my home school adventures with two toddlers!!!  I'm super excited to show you some lesson plans and some great websites and fun things I will be doing with Julia and Mark this Fall!

Home Schooling two toddlers is doable!

1 comment:

  1. This was perfect for me today. Brian has been having back problems for a couple of months now. I put his health on the top of my prayer list because his health is so important since he is the bread winner of our home. Those verses you gave are great to add to my prayer time for him. He has ben to a chiropractor now for two weeks and the improvement in his back is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails