|After New Year's We took the Odejars to the Metropolitan Museum in NY|
Raspberry Crumble Muffins
Ingredients: Makes 12
* oil or melted butter
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/8 tsp salt
* heaping 1/2 cup superfine sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 cup plain yogurt
* 6 tbsp sunflower oil or melted, cooled butter
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
*1 cup frozen raspberries
For the crumble topping:
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp superfine sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease muffin pan or line with paper liners
2. Crumble Topping: put flour into a bowl, cut the butter into small pieces, add to the bowl with the flour, and rub it in with your fingers until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, stir in the sugar and set aside.
3. Muffins: sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, stir in the sugar.
4. Lightly beat the eggs in a larger bowl then beat in the yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the beaten liquid ingredients, and add the raspberries. Stir gently until just combined; do not overmix.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Scatter the crumble topping over each muffin and press down lightly. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until well risen, golden brown, and firm to the touch.
6. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea, or a cold glass of milk!