19 August 2010

What do I do when...I'm waiting on God?

Have you all seen the movie Fireproof?  If not I highly recommend it.  John and I love that movie.  I love it because it not only talks about how to fireproof your marriage, but it talks about your commitment to God and growing close to God.

When Kirk Cameron's character is trying to show his wife he loves her and gets nothing in return there is a song that plays called, "I'm waiting"  And I love that song.  Right now that is the song of my life.  I feel like I am waiting on God and holding on tightly to His promises.

I'm waiting on Him to pull through for us.  I'm waiting on Him to provide for all of our needs.  I'm waiting on Him for a miracle to sell our home in such a difficult selling market.  I'm waiting on Him as John is struggling to keep his taekwondo school afloat and manage a new finance business.  I'm waiting...

It is so scary to wait on God.  Well for me it is.  I know God has awesome things for us (Jeremiah 29:11)  I know He has a plan.  I know He loves us.  But it is so scary to wait on God because sometimes you don't know if He will answer your prayers the way you've hoped.  You don't know when He will answer your prayers.  You just have to hold tightly to his hand and wait on Him.  I'm waiting...

In 2002, I did a Bible Study with a group of women and Christy Weaver was the leader.  We did a study called "Calm My Anxious Heart."  Let me post a paragraph that has really calmed me and given me a peace lately:

"In time of trouble say, "First, he brought me here.  It is by his will I am in the is strait place; in that I will rest."  Next, "He will keep me here in his love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as his child. "  Then say, "He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons he intends me to learn, and working in me the grace he means to bestow, "  And last, say, "In his good time he can bring me out again.  How and when, he knows."  Therefore say, "I am here 1. by God's appointment, 2. in his keeping, 3. under his training, 4. for his time."

I'm waiting on you God...

I'm waiting on you Lord, and I trust you completely.  Please hold my hand tighter and show me you are here with me.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT MOVIE!! AND THAT SONG..ITS ON MY PLAYLIST! great post!
    jess

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails