18 August 2010

The Power of a Praying Wife: Week 13

Babe, every time I see this picture I am reminded of just how much I love you!

Chapter 12: His Protection

Psalm 27: 5
In the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle he shall hide me;  He shall set me high upon a rock.

Stormie O'Martian said in this chapter, "Our husbands are on the battlefield every day.  There are dangers every where.  Only God knows what traps the enemy has laid to bring accidents, diseases, evil, violence, and destruction into our lives."

Psalm 27:5 "He shall set me high upon a rock."
When John's only job was working 7 miles away, I really had it good.  I didn't worry about him traveling on buses or trains into NYC.  I didn't have to worry if he was warm enough or cool enough.  I didn't think about the people he would see as he walked into work.  I didn't worry about him traveling late at night.  I didn't think about muggers or thieves.  I didn't worry if he remembered his car key from the office, or his wallet.  To me New Jersey was a pretty safe place, and how much danger could he get into driving less than 7 miles to work?  But now...

John's commute is long and far.  He works incredibly long hours.  And we all know the dangers of city life.  So this chapter has reminded me to really bathe my husband in prayer each day.  I think when I'm making my coffee in the morning (putting in my cream and 2 sugars) I will quietly say a prayer for his safety.  The kids and I pray for John throughout the day because we miss him so much and when the kids talk about Daddy that reminds me to pray too.

Psalm 37: 32, 33 says "The wicked watches the righteous, and seeks to slay him, the Lord will not leave him in his hand."

We live in a wicked world, where sin does affect the righteous.  And there is also a spiritual battle going on.

Proverbs 30: 5 God promises to be "a shield to those who put their trust in Him."

Today pray that your husband will be protected from harm, safe in travel (especially in cars and planes), Hide him from violence and the wicked plans of evil people.  Pray that he will dwell in the shadow of God's wings.  Pray that even though bad things may be happening all around him, that they will not come near him. 

When I read this chapter it just made me see how vulnerable John is (5th degree black belt or not) to the evil in the world.  It made me see how blessed I've been that he has remained protected, and it has reminded me to pray, pray, pray for my husband, because there is power in my prayers.

My challenge (Love Dare) this week is for you to call up a friend or pray with a friend who may be visiting and pray for your husband's safety.  God's word promises that when two or three are gathered together in His name He is there in their midst. 

I'm praying for your safety John.  I love you.
Psalm 91: 11, 12 "He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.  In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone."

1 comment:

  1. Powerful, Kristi. I love the list you gave for things to pray. My "usual" prayer is that God protects Brian from danger, accidents, and people with evil motives and that He puts His Hand, Hedge, and Shield around Brian. I am going to add the scripture based list to my prayer now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails