Waking up in Cape May was wonderful for many reasons:
1. I could wake up slowly.
2. I didn't have to make my coffee or breakfast.
3. I could read outside while breakfast was being made.
4. I didn't have to change any diapers or bring any little person to the potty 3 million times before noon (thank you Grandmas!)
5. I could walk to the beach and back for a quick power walk to start my day.
6. I had John ALL to myself, and I got to "mother" him a bit which was nice, since usually all my attention goes to two cute munchkins! And yes, I did miss putting them to bed last night!
7. While John took a shower I read on the porch in a rocking chair and sipped coffee and read til my hearts content.
|I'm sure you know who was holding the camera!|
|I could spend a million more days like this!|
|My coffee, my book, and my cell phone to text grandma!|
|One of my favorite shops, they have great coffee, scone mixes, aprons, and lots more!|
|Our wedding rings...priceless|
We ate lunch at a cute little sandwich shop and we shared a side of fresh homemade fries! Ummm, actually John really didn't share all too much, just kidding, they were sooooooooo good! Then we asked for directions and jumped in John's Acura and headed to the Cape May zoo! I've never been there, but I heard good things, and it was free, so, why not, right?
|Are we in Love or what???|
|A friendly goat|
|A curious monkey|
|A headless camel?|
|Two bald eagles|
|This is me, excited to see my kids!!!|
|This is John, very happy after inhaling his Java Chip Starbucks coffee and eating my pretzel!|
It was a 2 plus hour drive home, but good company and good music, and coffee kept us happy!
|And dancing behind the wheel...Oh my!|
|Look at his face, he is not happy that mommy is taking the time to snap a picture!|
|You are my love, my life, my friend...|