09 August 2010

My Wedding Vows

On August 8, 2003, I spoke these words to John as my wedding vows...

The most important decision I have made in my life was when I was elven and accepted Christ to be Lord of my life.  (I asked Jesus into my heart many times from age 5 and on, but I don't think I understood the full meaning til I was eleven and was ready to be baptized)  I made a choice that day to put God first in my life.  After all that Christ did for me when He bore all my sin and died on the cross, it is the least that I can do to honor and serve Him with this life He has given me.  Today I will make another very important decision that will change me forever.  This is the day that I get to marry the man of my dreams and become totally his.  It will be the least that I can do to honor and cherish him after all of the hard work and sacrifices he has made, and for his unconditional love, of imperfect me.

In Cape May this weekend celebrating our anniversary


Today, I humbly come before you and my God to promise to love you and cherish you all the days of my life.

I love being married to you John


The closest of all human relationships is that of a husband and wife.  My commitment to you is not based on mere feelings.  Because we both know we might not always feel honoring and serving each other.  Love is a choice.  It is an act of will, not just a fleeting emotion that might be here today and gone tomorrow.  This love will grow stronger each day because of the commitment I have made to God and now publicly to you.

7 years went by like a blink
I love you John Michael McInerney.  I love you because you love me with all my imperfections and faults.  You make me a better woman when I am with you.  You complete me.  I love you because of whom you are inside.  I have seen you grown into a man from age 16 until now.  You have become the spirtiual leader that I have prayed for.  I look up to you because your love for the Lord is real.  I am so excited to be your wife.  And I am going to spend the rest of my life making you happy.

*To hear about our Cape May getaway...tune in tomorrow!

1 comment:

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails