24 July 2010

Saturday Recipe Swap--Minestrone

My mom loves posting pictures of me...cheese!
Todays's recipe is a crock pot recipe!!!  I made my Chicken and Sweet potato soup on Wednesday night and so this past Thursday the crock pot was still out and ready to be used again and I had lots of chopped up veggies handy, so I decided to make another yummy soup.  The kids have both been sick so I wanted to make some homemade soups with lots of fresh veggies to bring them back into good health, and my Julia especially, loves soup!!! Towards the bottom of her bowl she always asks me? "Drink it?" And I let her drink the rest of the soup...not sure if it's such good manners but she enjoys the soup so much.

Minestrone

Ingredients:

1- onion, chopped
2- carrots, sliced
1- zucchini, diced
1- cup of cabbage, shredded
2- cloves of garlic, minced
2-  15 oz. cans of kidney beans, drained
2- 14.5 oz cans  beef broth
1- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil (I used mine from my own backyard!!!)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Combine all the ingredients in the crock pot slow cooker except the macaroni and parmesan cheese.  cover, cook on low 7-9 hours, cook on high 4-5 hours.  stir in the macaroni and parmesan cheese.

* I made corn bread to go with the soup...yummy!  But a loaf of crusty Italian bread is also delish!
* Click on the words Chicken and Sweet Potato Soup to get that recipe as well!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the new look to your blog!!!! It is darling!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails