09 June 2012

Our Proposal Anniversary

Wedded Bliss

 It is June 9, 2002, a Sunday, and we were headed to our church's choir picnic in the Lambertson's back yard.  About 80 friends and family members were there (church family that is).  John and I had been dating for about a year now after college graduation, and he had accepted Christ right after 9/11...it was a big weekend for us because I was headed to live on campus at Baptist Bible College for the summer to take 5 intensive graduate courses...

I never would have guessed what was ahead of us that day...

John was acting very strange before the picnic, nervous almost, I had no idea why.

Come to find out, as I'm playing volleyball in the backyard and talking to friends, John went inside to ask Doug for permission to "spice up his barbeque,"  The Lambertsons really liked John and they were all to happy to oblige.  The Lambertsons were like and are like family to me.  Peggie and Doug knew my mom and dad from Staten Island, and since Peggie had 3 kids I can't remember a time I wasn't over to babysit.

Peggie sang with me in the choir, she and Doug led the worship team at church.  John couldn't have picked a more special venue.

Next thing I knew we were about to eat...but Doug wanted to have John share about a recent adult retreat we just went on (or so I thought) before Doug prayed over the meal...and everyone was smiling...I think everyone knew what was about to happen before I did.

Next thing you know...he was talking about the Lord, how this was his church family now, and then he was standing in front of me getting on one knee...and he asked me to marry him!

Soooo glad I said yes!!!

Love you babe.  Can't imagine a day without you.

1 comment:

  1. I love your story! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!!! -Faye

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails