21 June 2012

People Like Me Like to...

Fearfully and Wonderfully made...

 You know that wonderful Bible verse that says that God has made each of us unique and fearfully and wonderfully...ok so you promise not to laugh about how crazy and wacky I am?  Ok, you can laugh...

People like me like to match or coordinate with their kids.

People like me brush their child's hair at least twice, sometimes three times a day. Not Mark's, but definitely Julia's; it is getting so long now and she takes a nap and after nap it is crazy!

People like me NEVER sit still...not ever...ok, maybe to nurse a baby (those days are over for now), or watch a movie, but even then my mind is going a mile a minute.



People like me ALWAYS have a plan...and if their is no plan then people like me get very cranky because to get two little people to cooperate without a schedule is not fun at all.

People like me really enjoy Quality Time with others.  Long talks on the phone, going to the movies, having tea together, enjoying a meal, watching a show, anything that involves talking and laughing and bonding.  It just makes me feel closer to the person.

People like me need ORGANIZATION and cleanliness.  My students used to always tease me because I would arrive to school so early to disinfect the tops of their desks with hand wipes and I loved "putting the room back to order."  Germs and a mess are the enemy!  I'm one of those weird people that cannot cook a meal without clean counters and a clean sink, it just doesn't work.  I need a clean palate! So to speak.



People like me MUST look presentable when stepping out of the home.  That means combed hair, clean clothes, brushed teeth, and an accessory or two!  Hence why my daughter wears bows and leaves them in and my son loves hats, they really don't remember life without them.

People like me LOVE to laugh.  About anything and everything.  Because life is too short to be so serious.

People like me LOVE to take pictures, pose for pictures, scrapbook pictures, blog with pictures, get the pattern?  I love looking back on all the memories.

People like me ADORE babies...lots of them...all of them...I love their smiles, their wobbly walk, their chubby legs, their sweet smelling skin, their chubby cheeks.  And people like me wouldn't mind a houseful of babies...

People like me love husbands who are really involved with their kids, and love to be silly and are simply hands on and wonderful when they are home! 

People like me get a KICK out of the grandparents with the kids.  I mean did my mom ever sit on the floor and play with me this much, did she laugh and smile and act silly?  I love it!  I love the joy on their faces and the kisses the kids give.  I love grandparents and one day I can't wait to be one.

People like me love the beach, and vacations, and walks with the kids and holding hands.

5 comments:

  1. This was nice! I have had a rough few days and just reading this gave me a little lift! Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your life... and Oh, I like people like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so adorable!
    New follower from the Blog Hop
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE you!!! My Jersey twin :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, every time I read your blog I realize how alike we are! =) Thanks for your sweet comment on my pin the other day, I miss you too! I'm still here, just super busy with baby stuff and I'm filling in for a lady who's on maternity leave at my church. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like people like you too!!! xoxo C

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails