06 November 2013

Does God Care About Me?

Am I Messing Up My Kids by Lysa Terkeurst

I hope you have been enjoying this book review with me as we go chapter by chapter and mull over the thoughts Lysa has brought up.  I love reading her book because she is such a REAL relatable mom.  She is so normal.

Have you ever met a perfect mom? Of course you haven't but you know what I mean the type of mom that KNOWS everything and DOES everything right and isn't afraid to tell you what you are doing wrong?  The mom that makes you feel inferior and less than and pretty much a big fat zero in her presence?  Maybe she doesn't mean to but her PERFECT aura sure does!  Well, this author is NOT like that.  She will tell you her faults, she shares her heart, and you can feel totally at ease in her presence.  That's why I like this book.

This chapter was about how sometimes we feel so overwhelmed or bogged down with anxiety or problems that we may think that maybe, just maybe God is too busy to care about us and our own problems.  Lysa put it perfectly when she said...

"How do I keep the balance between the many hats I wear?  How can I be a taxi driver, mom, author, speaker, romancer of my husband, cook, maid, home organizer, exercise girl, family historian, friend, and a sane woman all at the same time? Am I the woman God wants me to be? Am I pleasing Him?"
(When Lysa finds the answer to that perfect question can she please please please tell me!!! I've been trying to figure out that very same thing for the past 6 years!)
And my number one question is who does God want me to be MOST?  I feel like I know my gifts but when am I supposed to use them all when right now I am "stuck" in baby mode?

I think the best news in this chapter was that God DOES care and the only way we can please God is by being totally dependent upon Him.  And if you are juggling a lot of hats like many of us moms do, then you may be wondering the same thing.  Fear not!  I think God gives us situations like this as a test to see if we WILL turn to Him or if we will just turn away and do our own thing.

Philippians 4: 5-7 says:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God,which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
In every situation I have an opportunity to turn to God in prayer and ask for help.  All He wants is for us to seek after Him and He will give us His peace and show us how to act, what to do, how to respond, and who to be!

Does God Care about me? about you?  Absolutely!  If he takes care of the birds of the air and the lilies of the field, how much more important are we to him than birds and flowers?  I am going to make every effort today not to fret, or get anxious, I am going to rest in Him.  After all, why worry?  Worrying won't help or change anything.  God is bigger than my problems.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails