07 November 2013

New Recipe of The Week: A Hit!!!

Success in the Kitchen!

The new meal I tried this week was: Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas and let me tell you they were a hit!

I didn't follow a recipe I just looked at the picture and made our own happy creation.  Here is how I made them and how I made them kid friendly:

Ingredients: 

thin sliced chicken breasts
2 cups of mozzarella
2 yellow squash
2 green zucchini
2 tomatoes
1 medium red onion
spices to taste
salt and pepper

Directions:

I first decided I wanted some protein in this dish and grilled some chicken breasts along with grilling the veggies (I chopped the squash and zucchini long ways and sauteed both sides to get them soft and all seasoned up.
After I cooked the chicken and veggies (I added red onion for flavor) I put them all on the cutting board and sliced the chicken long ways also so they would easily fit in the quesadilla. I layered the whole wheat soft taco with mozzarella, veggies, tomatoes, and chicken and before adding the top soft taco I added more yummy cheese.  Then I put the whole thing in the microwave for 30 seconds so it closes shut and the cheese melts.  Then I cut it in 4 pieces to serve with a side of fresh strawberries.

Julia and John LOVED it.  Mark was happy eating his chicken on the side with some ketchup.  Hey, you can't win them all!  This was such a quick, easy, healthy meal, and we will definitely add it to our dinner rotation!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails