21 November 2013

Every Mom Has A Story: Danielle Pastor

Every Mom Has A Story: Danielle

First off let me tell you Danielle (38) is our cousin!  She is a busy mom of 3 great kids.  Matthew just turned 13 and she has twin girls who are 7 years old.

This is another awesome mom of multiples!  I honestly don't know how these moms do it!  The first Mom I interviewed on Tuesday also was a mom of twins click here to read Katie's story.

Here is Danielle's story!!!

1. When you first found out you were going to be a mom what was your reaction? I was very surprised,  but felt it was a blessing from God because my father had just passed away and knew my baby was a “gift from God” hence the name MatthewJ.  I know God sent me him then to me because it would be the only way to help me get through my grief.

2. When you brought your newborn home did you feel ready or overwhelmed? Explain those first few weeks.  With my first child I was very nervous and overwhelmed because I was new at it. I wanted to make sure I did everything right and hoped I was good at it.  With the 2nd time around I was REALLY nervous and overwhelmed…x2 – twins were a completely different challenge. So much so that I think I blocked out a few months from memory.  I have managed to get through it and looking back now it really wasn’t that bad J

3. How do you juggle working inside/outside of the home and family time? I’m lucky now to be working from home so when the kids are in school I get it all done. Once 3pm comes my 2nd/real full time job starts…I am thankful for this because I know how lucky I am to be able to do both.

4. What tradition does your family have that you are not willing to give up? Why is it so special? We have the most traditions with holiday’s- especially Christmas- baking cookies; sitting around the tree together in the morning in our Christmas jammies,  and baking cinnamon rolls every year for breakfast. The kids- especially the little ones- always remind me weeks before to “not forget”.

5. If/when you are/were a sahm what do you love the most about it...what is the most difficult? I was a stay at home mom for 2 ½ years with my twins.  I am grateful for the time I was with them but it was very difficult day to day to be alone with 2 infants.  There were many difficult times- like packing them up every day (it took me an hour) to pick up my son from school- a 10 minute trip took me 90 minutes! I loved being able to share the special moments between them together and having them all to myself for a few hours. 

6. Who inspires you to be a good mom? My children inspire me to be a good mom, especially those days I don’t think I am.  I lose patience and get frustrated, but every day I wake up hoping to do better than the day before.  I look at them and they make me want to be better.

7. What kind of mom do you want to be remembered as? Fun, firm, consistent, happy, serious, hard working, etc  I want to be remembered as a mom who did nothing better than love her children.  A mom who was hard working but always put her family first.

8. What piece of advice would you give a new mom and even an experienced mom out there? I would tell them to treasure the everyday things because you can’t get them back…they grow up so fast and you need to make the memories every day, not just the “special milestones”  Enjoy the little things and have no regrets.


Love you Danielle!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails