20 November 2013

What About The Gaps In My Life?

Wednesday Book Club: Am I Messing Up My Kids?

Romans 3:23
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

There it is.  Plain as day.  Black as night.  All have sinned.  I am not perfect and only God knows why I try so hard to be perfect.  It's totally impossible.

The first quote that Lysa Terkeurst stated in this chapter that struck me was on page 84: Then I felt God's gentle voice fill my heart with His wisdom.  "Any time there is a gap in your life, let your heart be drawn to Me."  On this side of heaven, there will always be gaps.  Life will always fall short.  Each time you notice the vein in your granite, let it be a reminder that I can fill your gaps.  Let it be a call to praise Me."

There are going to be plenty of things that don't meet your expectations.  Yes, it can be frustrating.  It can be annoying and even bothersome.  A gap may be that you are struggling with finding joy in the holidays which may only make you feel overwhelmed.  It may be a strained relationship.  It may be you fail every time fly off the handle.  It can be a budget that seems really hard to manage.  It can be a leaky faucet.  Cracked molding.  A car that won't start. We can have gaps in our parenting skills, our marriages, our friendships, our jobs, our health, even our walk with God.  

Just remember no matter what gap there might be, God is always there.  You may not sense it.  You may not feel it.  But it is your choice to call out and ask Him to fill your gaps.  This week I am asking God to fill my gaps as I budget my time between housework and homeschool.  Two very daunting tasks for me as a stay at home mom with three kids.  Sometimes I just want to give up.  This chapter reminded me to just ask God to help me fill my gaps.  To give me a new perspective.  To draw close to Him even when He feels far away.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails