06 March 2014

Awesome Mom Jobs: Marissa Lawrence

Origami Owl- Personalized Jewelry Company

This post is all about my friend Marissa and her awesome mom job working for Origami Owl!!!

I love it when I see and hear about stay at home moms earning a bit of cash on the side.  It reminds me of the Proverbs 31 woman who truly did it all.

Here is what I learned about Origami Owl and Marissa:

Are you a stay at home mom or a working outside of the home mom?

1.  I am a "most of the time" stay at home mom. I occasionally substitute teach at my son, Jaden's school and I have recently become a designer with Origami Owl jewelry.

How did you hear about Origami Owl?

2. I actually found out about it after my husband gave me a beautiful locket for my birthday. It was so thoughtful and personal. I knew immediately I wanted to be a part of this company.

What do you love about this company and what do your customers love?

3. My absolute favorite thing is how each person can create a locket that is so meaningful and personal to them. Everyone can tell their story through a beautiful piece of jewelry. It's creative and is a great conversation starter with people.  My customers love the quality of the jewelry for such a great price. This is not costume jewelry, but it's affordable. Another thing my customers are crazy about is the rewards when they host a party! They can't believe the awesome incentives the company gives for hosting a party. It's like nothing else out there!


How many hours do you work per week? Is there flexibility?

4. The hours I put in vary week to week. I probably put in about 5 hours a week networking, putting in orders, keeping up with my inventory, etc. This doesn't include the time spent doing the actual parties, or as we call them at Origami Owl, "jewelry bars". Each jewelry bar goes for about 3 hours. I love the flexibility of this job because it allows me to be home with my children, which is the most important thing in the world to me. When my husband and I decided to start a family, we knew it was a priority for me to be at home with them. We made a lot of sacrifices to make this happen but were blessed beyond measure as a result of doing what we felt God wanted us to do. Now that my kids are getting older, I do love being able to contribute financially again to our family and this company is helping me do that!

Do you feel this is a great fit for you? Why?

5. I feel like this company a great fit for me for many reasons. I am such a "girly girl". I love clothes, makeup and jewelry and I feel like Origami Owl has given me a creative outlet in this area. I also love being a part of a company that I can stand behind, brag about and be excited to sell their jewelry.



Thanks Marissa!  I got my first pieces of jewelry in the mail this week!  It was so exciting to get the pink jewelry box!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails