24 March 2014

Micah's First Year Tribute: By Daddy

Our Third Baby

Well, Micah Justice will be one years old this Tuesday.  We had a great time celebrating him this past weekend with a huge family party at my in law's clubhouse.  (Pictures will be posted tomorrow).

I wanted to attach this video that John made for Micah.  We do this for all of our kids.  The first year birthday party is pretty big to us!  It's such a milestone for the whole family.  And I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed watching my big kids enjoy Micah.

Three kids is A LOT of work.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  John made the absolute best first year video for Micah and it starts out with us sharing the news that we were a few weeks pregnant with a baby to the big kids.  The first scene made me crack up laughing remembering that sweet moment.  Of course we sat the kids down and had a family meeting.  This was in August right before our vacation to Cape May.  Julia was paying attention so intently.  You have to watch her reaction as we tell her that there is a baby in my belly.  And then, you have to hear what Mark says!  Priceless.

The video is about 5 minutes and ends with the sweetest song Remember Me, which was sung at our wedding day.  The last minute of the video brings me to tears because as rough as this past year has been on me adjusting to 3 and homeschooling, and everything, man, I wouldn't trade one second without all my kids.  It just made me realize how blessed we are and not to take one minute for granted.  I love you guys.  Thank you John for making such a sweet tribute to our Micah!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails