Penne Pasta Casserole
1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 large onion chopped
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes w/basil, garlic and oregano
1 6 oz can tomato paste
12 oz uncooked penne pasta, prepared to pckge directions
3 c (12 oz) shredded mozzarella, divided
1. Cook ground meat and onion in large skillet until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste and 1/2 cup water. Season to taste. Heat through.
3. Spray 13x9x2 pan with pam. combine cooked pasta with meat/tomato mixture.
4. Add 2 cups of mozzarella.
5. Pour into baking dish; top evenly with remaining cheese.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 mins. or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Enjoy with some Italian bread!!!
John and I always have leftovers for 2 to 3 nights afterward...which is always a plus!