10 January 2013

His Goodness

Psalm 27: 13

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
There are so many times in life where our circumstances or people can really get you down.  It can be a health issue, a job concern, a disobedient child, or a flip comment, whatever it is it may cause us to lose heart or despair.

Yesterday at MOPS our speaker shared this life verse with us.  She said this verse got her through the mothering years because as busy moms, whether you work or stay at home, so much needs to be done, so many people need you, you are pulled in so many directions and you can lose heart just simply from being overwhelmed.  And yet...

God's goodness overwhelms us each day.  It can be in a moment when our kids are actually playing happily together with a toy or someone says, "Mom, I love you." or our husband is extra hands-on and helpful around the home, or someone who barely knows you gives you a compliment on your parenting.  I call these little things, "God moments".

I'm realizing that I need to slow down (I know I say this a lot) and look for these "God moments" these little miracles, these examples of God's Goodness in our lives.  It's when our husband texts us, "I love you or I miss you" when our sister drops by to sit and chat and hang out, it's when we actually have a minute to watch a sunset, or see a rainbow, or see our child learn something new.

We could have lost heart...because in this world we will have trouble.  But God is constantly reminding us that He has overcome the world and that He is good, and just, and holy, and ultimately he will handle our difficult circumstance, He will strengthen us when we are weary.  He is our shield, our help, and  our rock.

And after reading all of Psalm 27 I found out that it's ok when people fail us, in fact I shouldn't be surprised, because vs 10 said, "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me." People will fail you.  But God will never forsake you.  He will never forget you or overlook you.  We make mistakes, but He is always faithful.  Always good.

Psalm 27:1 says The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

In 2013 I want to live a life that focuses on God's Goodness, that catches all the little miracles that happen each day, that fully trusts in a trustworthy God.  This Psalm 27 was such a great reminder for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails