18 May 2012

Philippians 4: 8 through my eyes


8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. 

I'm so thankful for God's Word.  God is helping to renew my mind and change my thoughts.

When I read this verse it reminds me to focus on the great blessings that God has given me, His Word, my salvation in Him, my family, my home, our cars, food on the table, our church home, the group of women who love and support me, the friends God puts in my path, all of these things are blessings.  How easy is it to lose sight of the GOOD things and to focus on our problems?

So today I am going to use this verse to bless the Lord and give glory to God for ALL the many things He gives me and shows me and showers me with.  Won't you worship the Lord today and think of all your blessings?
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, God's Word is true!

whatever is noble, My husband John is a noble man of great godly character.  I am so thankful for Him and I am so proud of him.  If I'm not bragging about the Lord, the next person is usually my hubby!  He works so hard and always comes home with a smile.  He always wants to spend time with us and he is so loving and kind and generous.




whatever is right, Julia excelling at her school work!  I wish you could see Julia's face when she circles the correct answer on her reading homework or math homework...she is so happy to be right!  The way her face lights up and how she smiles...I can think about this with a smile too.



whatever is pure, My sister in law in her wedding dress.  This past weekend my SIL got married...seeing her so happy and in love and so beautiful in her white dress makes me think of purity.  Our hearts were filled with joy for her as she embarks on this new journey of married life with Kelsey.  They are a perfect match.



whatever is lovely, When I visit my friend Lisa's house and see all her flowers in her garden and ooh and ahh at the loveliness of spring.  One of our favorite homes to visit is my friend Lisa's house...first of all she is a mother of 4 and is the sweetest, kindness, most generous person I've ever met.  She treats us like royalty when we visit and she dotes on Julia and Mark so much so that they cry when we have to leave.  Her home is so beautiful and lovely and her friendship has meant the world to me.



whatever is admirable,I think of how faithful and hard working my parents have been.  My parents have been married for over 35 years and I think it is awesome to watch them stick together through times of need and times of plenty, through thick and thin, and sickness and health.  John's parents also have a legacy in their marriage of barely any divorces and it is awesome to see so many couples stay loyal to each other and honor their vows before the Lord.

 

Whatever is excellent,All you moms and women out there who put God first and take great care of your families.  Let's face it, being a parent is hard work, and whenever I see women doing an excellent job of loving their spouse, caring for their little ones, and above all honoring God with their lives, it is such a blessing to see.  I have so many role models to look up to and to seek advice.

 

Whatever is  praiseworthy,My Lord Jesus Christ.  My best friend, Jesus, is praiseworthy.  He is the lamb of God.  He is kind, loving compassionate, holy, and just.  He made a way so we can have peace with God.  He is so worthy of my praise.  I love you Lord, Jesus!

think about such things!!!

Today, will be a good day because I choose to meditate on God's Word and think about such great things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails