20 March 2010

Saturday Recipe Swap--Spaghetti with Spicy Turkey Meat Sauce

Hi Guys! Happy Saturday! The sun is shining! At breakfast we were praying for the food, and after-wards I asked her (she's 2) Julia, who are we praying to? She goes, "Jesus!" and then began singing "Jesus loves me this I know..." as if to help me understand...it was soooooo cute! Love her!

If you haven't noticed already, I really enjoy Rachel Ray's Meals. When I first had Julia, Rachel Ray really inspired me to get creative in the kitchen again and I began to love cooking! This is a simple recipe, that you may have made before, but with that extra Something Special to liven up an ordinary meal! Have fun!

Don't forget to drop by Suzette's Kitchen to see what she's got cooking, and feel free to post your own recipe to swap with us. http://godlyrose.blogspot.com

Ingredients:

1. 1 lb of whole wheat spaghetti
2. 2 tbsp of evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
3. 1 onion, chopped
4. 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
5. 1 lb of ground turkey
6. salt and pepper
7. one 28 ounce can DICED tomatoes
8. 1 tsp crushed red pepper
9. 1/4 cup chopped parsley
10. 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra fro serving

Directions:

1. In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta according to package directions (after you drain reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water)

2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over med. heat; add the onion and cook until softened (8 min) Add garlic and cook for 1 min more. Increase the heat to med high and crumble in the ground turkey, seasoning it with salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink...about 5 min.

3. Stir in diced tomatoes and crushed pepper and cook stirring occasionally until thickened about 15 min. Stir in parsley and cheese.

4. Toss the pasta with the sauce and 1/2 cup of reserved pasta cooking water to thin the consistency and more water if needed to thin down. Serve immed. with cheese on top!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy Kristi - especially w/ the spicy meat! My hubby would really enjoy the kick. Hope you have a great Saturday! ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! I can't wait to try it!

    JuJu, you are so smart! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave an encouraging comment...I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails